August 20, 2014

How to Have a Pain-Free Personal Injury Case

If you’ve had an accident at work and you feel like you deserve compensation, it can be a daunting thought going up against the business you work for. You may be worried that no one will believe you, or that you might lose your job? But it is important to remember that you coming forward could prevent the same thing happening to someone else – and they might not be as lucky as you.

Can you prove the accident happened?

Were there witnesses who will be willing to say that they saw the accident happen? Perhaps there are cameras in operation within your workplace? Any evidence that you can provide will strengthen your claim. If you think in time, it might be an idea to take a photograph of anything that could prove that it was an accident – e.g. any missing or faulty safety equipment.

Can you prove it was as a result of someone else’s negligence?

If you can provide documentation that contradicts the reason for your personal injury claim that will also help. So for example if your contract states that  you should be allowed a certain amount of breaks per shift, and you weren’t allowed a break (which resulted in tiredness and then an accident) then this will support your claim. Anyone willing to act as a witness that you weren’t allowed a break will also help. If there are any safety signs such as ‘hats must be worn’ and you weren’t provided with a hat, get proof of this.

Get proof from your doctor

Arrange to see your doctor as soon as possible after the accident takes place so any injuries can be correctly diagnosed. If of course your accident is severe and you are taken to hospital, they will have records of times, and a description of your injuries.

Why do I need so much evidence? The main thing to remember is that a claim needs evidence to prove that the accident happened, and that it was not your fault. Anything that you think could strengthen your claim should be done as this could be the difference between getting compensated or not. This injury could mean that you are not able to work for a long period of time, and the money you receive in compensation is to cover this.

Who should I contact?

If you think you’ve got a claim you must contract an injury claims professional such as First Personal Injury accident claims solicitors who will be able to guide you through the process. Many injury lawyers work on a no win no fee basis meaning that you have nothing to lose, yet you could gain the money you deserve as a result of some else’s incompetence.