Whether you have a Morris Minor or a Mercedes, a Cortina or a Cadillac; getting your hands on cheap classic car insurance online has never been easier. There are numerous car insurance comparison websites to choose from so finding the best deal shouldn’t be too arduous, even if you are technologically challenged like myself. A few clicks of the mouse and you can obtain a number of competitive quotes and immediate cover. With very little effort you will be able to find the right package for you, whether you want basic cover or you want to go the full mile and protect yourself from everything, including costly court fees.
Also bear in mind specialist companies that will know that classic car owners are fanatical about keeping their vehicles in mint condition and that classic vehicles tend to increase in value as they age. They will appreciate, as you and I do, that classic cars are not the same as other cars â€“ you don’t tend to do the school run in them or load them up with boxes of self-assembly furniture from a well-known store. It’s far more likely that you’ll take your cherished possession out for the occasional country run, for a special celebration or to show it off at a car show. These are all points that a classic car insurance provider will take into account when providing a quote.
If you want to ensure that you save money at the same time as getting the best deal for your particular needs, keep the following points in mind:
- Some companies offer a limited mileage discount. Make sure you let them have your monthly mileage calculation and this will be factored into your policy.
- Become a member of a recognised association. Proof that you are a true classic car enthusiast will lower the premiums.
- Make sure you can agree upon a value for your vehicle. If the worst happens and it is written off, you’ll know exactly how much you can expect.
- Lower the risk to your vehicle and keep it locked in a garage. Any safety devices such as immobilisers or alarms will result in further discounts.
- Check for free extras such as roadside assistance or rental car reimbursement.
So, what are you waiting for? Go online and check out the deals waiting for you!
This guide was written by the editorial team at Classic Car Insurance. For more information – please visit our website at http://www.classic-car-insurance.co.uk